Thursday, December 8, 2011

What Would You Have Done?

I wanted to share my almost disastrous Tuesday night dinner. 

I woke up early to chop the celery, carrots and onions for the chicken noodle soup I was going to make when I got home from work. I put the chicken breast in the big stock pot with some garlic and the onions I had cut up. I filled it up with water and put the pot in the fridge. 

When I got home from work, I put the vegetables in the pot and put the pot on the stove to cook the chicken and veggies. After a process of straining the soup to get clear broth, I shredded the chicken into bite sized pieces. I put the chicken back in the pot and put the noodles in to cook in the soup. I had the pot on for about 10 minutes when I went to stir the soup and discovered the new brand of noodles I used turned into mush. Well I didn’t want to dump it. 

So here is where the real fun begins. I decided to salvage the soup by essentially rinsing the chicken and vegetables, putting them back in the pot and using some bowtie noodles that I had. So basically I started the soup making process at about 5:15 pm and the soup was finally ready at about 7:30 pm. Crazy but salvaged and now we have a big pot of Chicken and bowtie soup to enjoy for several days. Am I crazy or would anyone else have rinsed the chicken?

1 comment:

  1. i may sound weird but i don't put noodles into a crock pot right away because noodles tend to be gooey when they sit in water for a period of time.
    found that out one day the hard way i had made macaroni and cheese and left them on the stove too long.so what i do now is wait until the last 15-20 minutes until put them in.

    ReplyDelete