Wednesday, March 7, 2012

GETTING OFF AOL


The article written by Alonso Kramer

The other day, after I upgraded our television package atwww.cannonsatellite.com, I called my parents. My Dad has been asking me to help him get a new e-mail address set up. He had been using AOL since 1996. He had called before and asked if he could keep his e-mail address if they cancelled AOL. The representative on the phone told them no. This was about six years ago. When my parents told me that they were still paying for AOL, I was shocked! I just couldn’t believe. That is why I called my Dad because I wanted to walk him through how to use his new Gmail account that I set up for him. I called AOL and cancelled their package. I am still upset with AOL, I think that they were knowingly ripping off my parents for at least the last six years, when their e-mail became free! So annoying! They even had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to reduce the package to $2.95/mo. For WHAT? I don’t even use them for internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment