Sunday, December 11, 2011

Rite Trip 12/11/2011

First let me give credit to The Frugalette for figuring out this deal.  

I get 2 papers at home but for this awesome deal I needed to buy 5 more. The Smart Source newspaper insert that came in the Orange County Register did not include the great $7 off Centrum Pro Nutrients Vitamin coupon.

So I purchased $5 more Los Angeles Times Orange County edition at a cost of $10.78.

Transaction 1
 3 Centrum Pro Nutrients Fruit & Veggie supplement $10.79 each (normal price is $11.99, I have a 10% wellness discount)
Total Before coupons and tax $32.37
Coupons used
$7 off Centrum Pro Nutrients
$7 off Centrum Pro Nutrients
$7 off Centrum Pro Nutrients
$1 off +UP Reward from a previous shopping trip
Total after coupons $10.37 (plus tax $12.88)
Earned a $10 +UP Reward

Transaction 2
3 Centrum Pro Nutrients Fruit & Veggie supplement $10.79 each (normal price is $11.99, I have a 10% wellness discount)
Total Before coupons and tax $32.37
Coupons used
$7 off Centrum Pro Nutrients
$7 off Centrum Pro Nutrients
$7 off Centrum Pro Nutrients
$10 off +UP Reward from Transaction 1
Total after coupons $11.37 (plus tax $3.88)
Earned a $10 +UP Reward for Centrum and a $10 +UP Reward for Season of Savings,
I also earned a $2 Single Check Rebate by purchasing 3 Centrum Pro Nutrients.

If you figure the total out of pocket cost including the 5 newspapers I needed to buy then my total out of pocket is ($27.54 minus $2 for SCR = $25.54)  for 6 boxes of this supplement which works out to $4.26 a box.  This is without factoring in the $20 in +UP Rewards I still have left to spend at Rite Aid.  If you factor this in  my cost was only $5.54 or $0.92 per box.


There are was you could make the deal better by Signing up for the Wellness Diabetes program you could earn an addition $10 +UP Reward.  If you happen to already be enrolled or are not in Southern California then this may work for you.  The website says *Allow up to 5 days after enrollment for benefits including +UP offers to be activated.  Since I was not already enrolled in this program I was unable to get the additional $10 +UP Reward.

Secondly there is a diabetes coupon book that has a $2.00 of Centrum coupon but my Rite Aid did not have this booklet.  

Thirdly if you have the 20% Wellness discount then you will also pay less out of pocket.

Lastly if you happen to have more than $1 UP+ Rewards from other shopping trips then your out of pocket will be less.

I am curious to try this supplement and see if I feel any different.  It seems like a good idea being they are made form 100% naturally sourced grapes, blueberries, raspberries, plums, carrots, and tomatoes.

If you are interested in the other types of supplements they were $12.99 and $18.99 each at my store I don't recall which types were which price.

No comments:

Post a Comment